Additional Requirements for
NCCA Licensing and Board Certification
* Provide official documentation for enrollment into the Certification and
* Complete a Master's practicum, which consists of administering the Arno
Profile System (APS) to 25 persons under the direction of an approved clinical
supervisor (qualified Pillsbury Seminary faculty member). (Doctor's practicum
requires processing 35 persons.)
* Respond, in writing, to a 50-point ethical questionnaire provided by the
NCCA National Licensing Board of Examiners.
* Submit two copies of a formal written Master's thesis, consisting of 25
individual reports (case studies) developed from the candidate's work with 25
persons using the Arno Profile System (APS) reports. (Doctor's dissertation
requires 35 individual reports or case studies.)
* Secure valid Ministerial Credentials (not required if the candidate already
is an ordained, licensed, or commissioned Christian minister).
* Upon completion of licensing, pay first year's membership dues ($50).
* Submit to an official police record check (fee - $100).
The successful completion of academic requirements using NCCA
curriculum and the conferring of the Master's or Doctor's degrees in Christian
Counseling Psychology by Pillsbury does not include membership in NCCA ... nor
does it qualify the graduate to receive any certification or licensing from NCCA.
Upon graduation, the student will be issued a degree diploma and a complete
transcript of the NCCA studies completed at Pillsbury. The student has the
option of presenting this official transcript to NCCA to show the courses
completed at Pillsbury College & Seminary. The student then may choose to
apply for membership in NCCA and to apply for acceptance into an advanced
program of study (see above) designed to qualify him or her for NCCA
certification and licensing as a Christian pastoral counselor. Small fees are
charged by NCCA for both of these options.
The NCCA Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor (LCPC) is not the same as a State's
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) designation.